What does a shipping container cost? Because shipping containers are growing in popularity for a variety of projects, this is something we are asked more and more frequently.
What does a shipping container cost? The answer is not as straightforward as you might think…
There isn’t a quick standard answer to this question. The cost of a container depends on a number of factors, such as:
- The type of container. There are several types of both standard and specialised shipping containers.
- The grade of the container. In other words, if it’s new, cargo worthy, or used.
- Whether you want to hire or purchase a container.
- Whether you are wanting a shipping container ‘as is’, or refurbished and modified.
- The current state of the market.
- The current level of demand.
There are our current guidelines regarding the prices of shipping containers…
Currently, used containers generally start at $1600 to $1800. You can expect cargo worthy containers to cost around $2000. Refurbished shipping containers cost from around $2500 to $3000. However, it is always best to contact our team to discuss exactly what you need and find out what we can offer you.
With Port Shipping Containers, you will always receive excellent value for money.
Whether they are new, used, or modified, at Port Shipping Containers we will only supply top quality corten steel containers. Buying directly from us not only ensures you receive a quality container, but it also means that you will get the best price.
No matter whether you are using containers for shipping cargo or as building blocks for a container home, they are are worthwhile investment. They are robust, and built to last, providing long-term value.